Fashion on a Shoestring

Ever wondered how you can keep wearing the latest fashion on a tight budget?
We are two Sydney girls with young families, ridiculous schedules and not much spare cash ... but we love fashion AND we love the challenge of looking great on a shoestring budget! Join us as we share our ideas.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Shopping at Salvos & Vinnies Stores

It really is amazing what you can pick-up at these humble little stores in terms of pre-loved clothes and accessories.

Last week I visited my local Salvo Store and found a black REISS pvc (leather look) biker jacket at just $7.50! Yes, you read it correctly - $7.50!

I love the cut and style of the jacket with it's silver zippers and press studs and short, boxy shape.

I've been wearing it almost every day with jeans, but on Sunday (Mother's Day) I dressed it up with black pants, strappy silver platforms, a pale grey top, oversized silver-look bangles, and a black mock-croc tote bag. It looked fabulous.

This is the second time I've had success at this little store. A few months back, I picked up a grey metal necklace with black, maroon and clear beads, for just $8.50, and it compliments my winter wardrobe really well.

It's certainly worth popping into Vinnies or the Salvos as you pass by, they help a good cause and you never know what you can find.

2 Comments:

At 3:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my names nicole, i live away from the city but im doing exactly what your doing. every thing in my wardrobe is from friends, vinnies, lifeline etc and b/c i live rurally i usually pick up things for like $3-4 at our local vinnies. everyones always commenting on my fashion they always borrow my stuff! i usually smile at them and keep it a secret. i think its great that you girls are incouraging others to buy things from these shops b/c everyone is so against it and i think its ridiculous to pay more than $20 on one top...keep up the good work!

 
At 8:40 pm, Blogger Chrissy said...

Thanks Nicole

It's great that you're able to be fashionable on a tight budget, even though you live rurally. It's also amazing that you're lending clothes out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shop Around