Fashion on a Shoestring

Ever wondered how you can keep wearing the latest fashion on a tight budget?
We are two Sydney girls with young families, ridiculous schedules and not much spare cash ... but we love fashion AND we love the challenge of looking great on a shoestring budget! Join us as we share our ideas.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Warning ..

I have recently attended a wedding. So of course I had to get a dress, and shoes and a wrap, because it's cold in the sunshine when you are standing about admiring the view across the lawns ... and I confess, I didn't do budget precisely - but it depends ON your budget, so I was impressed with the end result, especially after trying on luscious dresses at Lisa Ho which started at $800!

You can spend huge amounts on evening or party dresses and of course this choice is also defined by how formal your event is. However, I want to rave about Alannah Hill, where I got said frock and matching gorgeous tights. I also purchased Pierre Fontaine peep toe heels which came in at round $60 and a pashmina wrap to finish it off. All these gorgeous items came in under $500. So what I'm wanting to tell is that for a modest budget you too can look red carpet!

Alannah Hill has these gorgeous frocks - that word seems very appropriate - with exotic prints, colours and fabrics, very feminine and very festive. I would normally be a tad overwhelmed by all that colour and excitement but as an event outfit they are perfect. My friend, attending two very formal weddings this winter is very thrilled with her purchase of a dress (matching fishnet tights are ideal to add a bit more pizzazz) and will be adding a cropped jacket/fur wrap from the range too.

These dresses are timeless in that Alannah Hill has a strong signature style ... not defined by seasonal trends so you have a great investment piece, for when those invites come in. The stores also carry bags, gloves, scarves, tights and stockings, hairpins and accessories, shoes and jewellery.

I would recommend a visit to one of her stores though, as the website is great but more like a magazine editorial, so harder to work out what's what.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shop Around