Fashion on a Shoestring

Ever wondered how you can keep wearing the latest fashion on a tight budget?
We are two Sydney girls with young families, ridiculous schedules and not much spare cash ... but we love fashion AND we love the challenge of looking great on a shoestring budget! Join us as we share our ideas.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Winter extras

Now that it's actually cold, I'm looking around for some budget fashion 'treats" to zoosh up my coat/jeans/cardi ensemble ... some years we don't seem to get very wintry in Sydney, but this year has turned up a decent cold snap (fashionistas need variety) ... so I'm looking at gloves, scarves, caps and berets.

Try out the department stores, Myer and David Jones for accessories ranging from about $25 a piece. Discount stores (aka the $2 dollar shop!) often have cheap and cheerful beanies, scarves and mittens.

Sportsgirl have a great selection of scarves ... or go investment and check out gorgeous leather gloves in Alannah Hill starting at $60.

Often - I'm never quite sure why - local pharmacies will carry an excellent budget selection of scarves, berets, etc so keep your eyes open.

1 Comments:

At 6:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberley, I have always loved your advice on great discounts. This time I have discovered something to share with you :)

Its always difficult for ones pockets to keep pace with the changing fashion. However, last week I found a great way to beat that at this new site My Hire Site - www.myhiresite.com.au - where you can just hire stuff from your neighborhood instead of buying it. I picked up silver jewellery for a party at just $2 for the day!

Infact I am even thinking of putting up some of my own great handbags for daily hire and using the money to get more stuff :)

Its a great opportunity for fashionoholics like us :)...Hire instead of Purchase! Worth checking out....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Shop Around